Foresters is a leading Australian Community Development Finance institution providing financial support and services to individuals, social enterprises and not for profits who are underserved by mainstream financial institutions. Established in 1999, but with its origins dating back to the 1850’s, Foresters has been providing both lending and business development support to a range of Australian social enterprises for a number of years. Foresters has been a pioneer in the field of Social Investment in Australia through its Community Investment Fund, the establishment of Social Investment Australia Ltd and its leading research and publications.
Terms & Conditions
When entering and using the Foresters Community Finance Ltd (“Foresters”) Website you are also entering and using Foresters’ program and subsidiary company websites including but not limited to:
- Fair Finance Australia
- Social Investment Australia
- Foresters Members
1.1. You agree that your access to, and use of, this website is subject to these terms and all applicable laws, and is at your own risk. This website and its contents are provided to you on an ‘as is’ basis, the website may contain errors, faults and inaccuracies and may not be complete and current.
1.2. Foresters makes no representations or warranties of any kind, expressed or implied as to the operation of this website or the information, content, materials or products included on this website, except as otherwise provided under applicable laws.
1.3. Neither Foresters, nor its affiliates, directors, officers, employees, agents, contractors, successors or assigns will be liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of, or in anyway related to, the use of this website and any other websites linked to this website. This limitation applies to the direct, indirect, consequential, special, and punitive or other damages you or others may suffer, as well as, but not limited to, damages for loss of profits, business interruptions or the loss of data or information.
2.1. Foresters cannot guarantee that any file or program available for download and/or execution from or via this website is free from viruses or other conditions which could damage or interfere with data, hardware or software with which it might be used. You assume all risk of use of all programs and files on this website, and you release Foresters entirely of all responsibility for any consequences of its use.
3.1. This website may contain links to other websites. Foresters is not responsible for the availability of, or any content or material contained in, or obtained through, any such websites. Any link to another website, and reference to third –party information, products or services linked to this website, is not, and should not be construed as, an express or implied endorsement by Foresters. Any questions for comments relating to such other websites should be addressed to the operator or operators of those websites.
4.1. Membership refunds
4.1.1. Membership fees will not be refunded by Foresters Members except under the following circumstances:
- Where an application for membership is declined by Foresters Members
- Where exceptional circumstances prevent a member from continuing their membership (written applications will be assessed on a case-by-case basis).
4.2. Event refunds
4.2.1. Our event refund policy comprises three clauses:
- Foresters Events programs are intended to run as advertised. Foresters reserves the right to cancel activities due to insufficient numbers (registrants will be notified if this occurs and payment refunded in full).
- Registrations for Foresters Events and activities must be accompanied by full payment, where payment is required. Registrants will be liable for payment in the event of non-attendance unless cancellation or a request for transfer is made in accordance with our refund policy.
- Cancellations or transfers must be advised in writing and received by Foresters at least 48 hours prior to the event. Refunds will not be granted if a registrant fails to attend an event or cancels/transfers within 48 hours of the activity. Substitutions may be made at any time subject to the applicable registration date where an additional payment may apply.
5. All fees and payments are in Australian Dollars
6. Tax File Numbers (TFNs)
6.1. You are not obligated to disclose your TFN, however without your TFN we are obligated by law to deduct a higher level of tax from any dividend or interest payable to you. This is known as “withholding tax” and is repatriated by us to the Deputy Commissioner of Taxation.
7. GST & Taxes
To comply with Australian export regulations, we are required to declare the exact value of all items ordered and to mark them as dutiable ‘merchandise’. We are also prohibited by law from marking the order as a ‘gift’, even if the order is placed with the intention of sending to another as a gift recipient.
- Members of Foresters Members Ltd are not liable for GST on membership fees;
- The Australian GST tax rate applies to all other products and services delivered in Australia;
- International orders are exempt from Australian GST (10%); however, they may incur taxes and duties applied by customs in the country where the order is delivered;
- If you require further information about your country’s taxes and duties you will need to contact your local customs office directly;