NILS stands for No Interest Loan Scheme. The scheme* is supported by the Australian Government and NAB. It is designed to assist low-income individuals and families obtain safe and affordable finance for essential household costs. If you meet the criteria, you can apply for an fee and interest-free loan for essential items such as whitegoods, computers, furniture etc.
We are committed to deliver quality service to you and at the same time care for the wellbeing of our staff. As much as our staff strive to serve you with courtesy and respect.
The outcome of your loan application is dependent on your behaviour.
We seek your understanding to treat us with the same respect that you deserve. Your feedback and words of appreciation inspires us to do their best.
To apply for a NILS Loan, the criteria that you need to be is:
- The holder of a Centrelink Healthcare or Pension Card or earn under $45,000
- Have lived in current residence for three months
- A permanent resident of Australia, and
- Have a willingness and capacity to repay a loan.
NILS Loans are available from $300 to $1500 and have a repayment period of nine to eighteen months. There are no setup fees.
Your loan assessment time varies on whether you have provided all documentation needed with your application.
If you fall outside the NILS criteria, or you wish to apply for a loan sourced from community finance greater than $1,500, Foresters Community Loans are here for you.
* Foresters Community Finance is accredited through Good Shepherd Microfinance to provide NILS.